Re: tlug: HTML again

Scott Stone did state upon Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 06:09:11PM +0900:

> why?  Nothing enforces it.

Have you ever heard the statement:
Be liberal in what you accept, and strict in what you send.

Do you have any idea how little mail would actually go if the RFCs were
being strictly enforced?

If you want to lobby to change the standard, thats one thing.

Or do you also advocate leaving off the <html> and </html> because
everything will understand it anyhow.

Sites where every byte is millions of $ use the ALT tags, becasue they
are parsed required, and used.  Including by software for the
disabled.

Gratuitous Standards violation is luserish behaviour.

-Scott
--
"The only thing I learned | "I try never to let my schooling get in the
in college is that a lot  | way of my education"  - Sam Clemens