Re: tlug: Dave`s concerns/Frank`s suggestion (was: `Old Guard`)

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, tjhaslam wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>
> Dave >This is something i kind of mentioned in my other posting
> Dave > what TJH here might refer to as the real "Linux community"
>
> Be careful here.  The Linux community ``bit``  has been an ongoing going
> debate for some time now on this list.  I do NOT limit the `real`
> community, whatever `real` might mean here, presumably to programmers and
> GNU-ers.  Since, of course, I am neither myself.  Nor am I a *member*  by
> the standards perviously stated by Chris and by Stephen Turnbull.

Well, maybe it's time to subdivide the definition of 'linux community'.  I
say that anyone who uses linux is part of the community, but if you're
actively contributing to it, either by testing, writing docs, writing
code, or whatever, then you're sort of a 'charter member' or somesuch.

BTW, can you toggle the 'linux community bit' with chmod?

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)