RE: tlug: HTML again

I finally found the home page for tkHTML, at
http://www.cobaltgroup.com/~roland/tkHTML/tkHTML.html

I've reviewed quite a few html editors, some of them similar to tkHTML (at
the "simple" end of the spectrum), many with a lot more helpful features
(even the Careware Arachnophilia, and certainly Ike.M Kimiko HTML Editor),
and of course the super-duper packages like DreamWeaver, Drumbeat,
NetObjects Fusion, and FrontPage98. Any of them could be used to make a Web
page, or put together a site; but they vary as to the results and especially
the amount of skill required or time and work needed.

The point is, Windows gives users this whole spectrum to choose from,
whereas Linux does not come anywhere near it yet, as far as I have seen. You
say you prefer text editors; I happen to like the programs that let me
concentrate on content, and work with content directly, or at least programs
that have the tags available in menus. The lack of the latter is, for me, a
big disadvantage of Linux at this point in time. So is the lack of a
FrameMaker or Quark XPress.

Thanks for the tip, anyway. ;-)

--
John De Hoog, Tokyo