Re: tlug: kanji or romaji for Japanese? (was: parallel-port IDE)

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> And there are many Japanese constructs and words I miss in English:
> "deshou" first and foremost, but "yahari" and "sasuga" would be
> useful;
[snip]

Nice choices. When I came to Japan in '95 and started learning Japanese,
I was always impressed by the flexibility and usefulness of the simple
"ne" used with various intonations. "..te iru" denoting state sometimes
feels a bit missing in English too.

I also enjoy the range of Japanese adverbs, onomatopoeia and
descriptions of natural phenomena such as "yuuhi",  which to me have
delicious phonetics...

Neil.