tlug: Re: O"Reilly perl Books

At [Fri, 16 Oct 1998 19:34:26 +0900]
tjhaslam <tjhaslam@example.com> wrote:

> And just to go crazy crazy, why not an O`Reilly Perl book or even two?

I have both. Larry Wall is not a writer. Neither is his #1
disciple.

The first READABLE book I found was David Till's Teach Yourself
Perl in 21 Days SAMS 1995 ISBN 0-672-30586-0. As you can tell
>from the date, however, it doesn't cover version 5.

It's also one of those 900-page tomes that takes forever to
read. My tastes run to K&R's The C Programming Language and
AK&W's The AWK Programming Language--books that give the refined
essence. Books that you read for 20 minutes and think about for
hours after. Books that you can reread in short spurts at
regular intervals and always get some new insights.

Maynard Hogg <maynard@example.com> <-- Perfectly valid, but...