Re: tlug: strange ISP behavior

>And then there was the guy in Korea who knocked our network for an
>incredible loop a year or so back by misconfiguring his router so that it
>was broadcasting that it was accepting traffic for our address.  We started

So, how do I set my router up to receive all traffic for say the
Whitehouse? If this is possible isn't it a security problem. Have you set
up anything to stop it happening again?

>Pleasepleaseplease ask them why you have to re-upload your page.  I can't
>wait to hear their reason :-)

Here are my guesses:
  1.They want you to replace http://xxx.or.jp with http://xxx.ne.jp if
you've used the full pathname anywhere in your HTML (I think image maps
require the full URL, and possibly in some javascript as well). They also
want you to replace your email address if you've used it on the homepage.
  (But actually telling you to make those changes makes more sense than
just telling you to upload)

  2.They want to clear out all the homepage gomi that's accumulated, to get
back disk space and stop spiders wasting time looking at those pages. Eg.
when you upload a new version of your page, do you delete the old version?
I normally rename it to *.old and leave it there.

Darren

PS. Anyone have any good Monica pics for the new Whitehouse homepage? :-).