tlug: more starnge ISP behavior

OK, this is getting wierder (or I'm losing my marbles.)

I have an account with one of the ISPs in question so I decided to dig around a
little. I ftp'd to the new server and behold - they already set up a bin
directory for me?! I wonder what's in it...

ftp> ls -l
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
total 320
---x--x--x  1 root  wheel  155648 Jul 29 08:16 ls
226 Transfer complete.
ftp> bye

Wow, my very own ls....

Geeze, disk space must be getting pretty cheap :)

Please, somebody tell me there's a reason behind this.

Been dazed and confused for so long....

Jim S.