RE: tlug: strange ISP behavior

The change from or.jp to ne.jp is happening all over the Japanese Internet.
In the early days, ISPs were routinely assigned or.jp domains; but the
current plan is to have all network services companies adopt the ne.jp
suffix, since they are not organizations in the intended sense. There are
still some holdouts, notably Rimnet (xx.rim.or.jp).

--
John De Hoog, Tokyo
dehoog@example.com (not a real organization, nor very well organized)