Re: tlug: Justice vs. Microsoft

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> The antitrust case got started today (Monday in the USA).. read all about

On CNN at noon today (here in Japan) there was a story on it, but
later they went to vendors looking for an alternative to M$. Gateway
and Dell were no help, saying it wasn't economically feasible to
offer alternative OS on their machines. However, they found a smaller
vendor (didn't catch the name) who was selling PC's with Linux _AND_
making money.

I thought it was kind of odd that CNN would pair up OS/2 and Linux as
alternatives, since IBM stopped developing OS/2 some time ago. I guess
OS/2 is still a "name" ticket...

David Riley

Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki
Hachinohe-shi Aomori-ken  031-8501  JAPAN

http://w3.clat.hi-tech.ac.jp/