Re: tlug: Q. about Wadalab Fonts & encoding

Matt Gushee asked:

>> 1) Am I correct in thinking that Wadalab Mincho contains the full
>> JIS-X0208 character set, sequenced in the standard Kuten order? So
>> that if I want to know which character is in which position, I can
>> just look it up in a kuten table such as the ones in Lunde's
>> _Understanding Japanese Information Processing_?

If it's like any other font, yes.

>> By the way, is it the
>> JIS-X0208-1983 or 1990 character set (I know the difference is very
>> small)?

Well if the extra two kanji are there at the end (84-05 and 84-06) it's
the 1990 version. Apart from that it was subtle glyph changes to 145
kanji.

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen        School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Email: j.breen@example.com                Monash University