Re: tlug: DIP switch SCSI ID

Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> I picked up an external SCSI CD-ROM drive where the ID is set with DIP
> switches, but I'm having a bit of trouble locating documentation to tell me
> how to set the SCSI ID.

> ...  This must be a binary representation
> of the SCSI ID, but does it start at the top or the bottom?
or perhaps the middle.

If you can't find documentation, my recommendation is to plug it in and
see
what ID it pops up as in your SCSI bios.  Then flip a couple switches,
and
try again.  You're unlikely to break anything, as long as you remember
the
original switch settings, and when done only change those you know need
to be
changed to change the ID.
--
Howard