Re: tlug: Telnet clients

Hi,

Do you know "Tera Term Pro"?
This is pretty good telnet client on MS Windows 95/3.1/NT4/NT3.51.
I am using it for a long years.

You can select language, from english, japanese and rusian.
You can also get source code.
There are some ssh add-ons.
Its develop started in early windows3.0/3.1 age.
Try it! :-)

In message "Re: tlug: Telnet clients"
    on 98/10/13, Sean Bennett <sean@example.com> writes:
> A late reply;
>
> The main reason I  use a telnet client is just so I can use the scroll bar
> scroll back and see what zipped by the speed of light (directory file lists,
> install messages, error messages...)  at  when I need to.
>
> Sean.

Tera Term Pro has several advantages.
there is a part of Readme.txt:

1. About Tera Term

Tera Term (Pro) is a free software terminal emulator (communication program)
which supports:

	- Serial port connections.
	- TCP/IP (telnet) connections.
	- VT100 emulation, and selected VT200/300 emulation.
	- TEK4010 emulation.
	- File transfer protocols (Kermit, XMODEM, ZMODEM, B-PLUS and
	  Quick-VAN).
	- Scripts using the "Tera Term Language".
	- Japanese and Russian character sets.

2. Notice

Tera Term (Pro) is a free software.

There is no warranty for damages caused by using this application.

Without written permission by the author (Takashi Teranishi), you may
not distribute modified packages of Tera Term, and may not distribute
Tera Term for profit.

Before you send requests, questions and bug reports to the author,
please read carefully this file, Tera Term help, MACRO help, KEYCODE.TXT
and Tera Term home page.
You can find the e-mail address of the author in Tera Term help and
Tera Term home page. The URL of Tera Term home page is:

http://www.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html
(The address may be changed in future.)

The author will appreciate any kind of support from you
if it does not put the author under some obligation.

You may find the latest version of Tera Term at Tera Term home page and
the following sites:

ftp://riksun.riken.go.jp/pub/pc/misc/terminal/teraterm/
ftp://ftp.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/PC/terminal/teraterm/
(These addresses may be changed in future.)

hiroshi
--
三浦広志 	miura@example.com
speciality:	Wide-band Network engineer(ATM, FR, TCP/IP and Security)