tlug: Re: mem=size??? (plus lilo note)

Yong-Ming Hua wrote:
> According to some primer book, mem=size is necessary to be
> typed after boot: prompt when we make Linux system with memory over
> 64MB in the beginning.

Put an entry in /etc/lilo.conf like:
    append="mem=??M"  where ?? is your real memory amount.
Then run lilo again.

BTW - For anyone who's got this (remotely related) problem ...
I just heard from Werner Almesberger, the author of lilo, that
he has a fix for the 4Gb disk/NT/Lilo boot incompatibility and it will
be out in lilo 0.21.

-Joe.

Joe Marchak joem@example.com ph:03-5203-3925 fx:03-5203-3699 ldist: s/03/813/