Re: tlug: Long lost Craig Oda

> Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:24:19 +0900 (JST)
> From: Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>
> Sender: owner-tlug@example.com

> > > One of the big Internet firms (can't remember the name off-hand) recently
> > > acquired TWICS. Change of ownership -> change of management?
> >
> > PSInet. Found that out yesterday by poking around on the net.
> > Yuck ! Is Internet going to be an all biggie affair in Japan ?
> > Glad that it isn't like this here. Still lots of healthy
> > competition....
>
> At least PSInet is good - they even have English-speaking tech support
> here in Japan...

Competition is good, but big is not always bad.

PHT goes through PSINet and we are very happy with them. The general
manager of PSINet here in Japan is an engineer and very Linux friendly,
too. Although we have yet to take them up on their offer, PSINet has
offered to provide some free services for the TLUG server.

BTW, I don't get a discount on PHT rates from PSINet for saying
this....

Cliff

$BBeI=<hDyLr<RD9(B
$B%Q%7%U%#%C%/%O%$%F%C%/3t<02q<R(B