Re: tlug: parallel-port IDE

> (actually, the only reason the U.S. defeated the Japanese at all was
> because of our larger industrial and population base.  Japanese hardware
> was, almost without exception, superior to American hardware across the
> board, but especially in air and surface sea power).
                           ^^^\with a little help from an
American. The Mitsubishi Zero was a design from Howard Hughes
they bought in the twenties - the US military wasn't interested
in it......

It has to be said that the US caught up during the war. It must
be said that Americans before the war weren't exactly
militaristic, to say the least.

"It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
  But they called it                 karlmax@example.com
    W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"