Re: tlug: Sendmail won't deliver from unrecognized host.

>                         So, when fetchmail is trying to get all the
> messages from the POP server, if it can't deliver a message it quits
> (silently if in daemon mode) and messages accumulate on the POP
> server.

Hmm.  AFAIK sendmail shouldn't be doing any DNS lookups on anything in
the From: header.  Nor for the envelope sender, either -- the SMTP
standard requires canonical hostnames for envelope *recipients* but not
for senders (I don't have time to verify, but I think this is true).

Anyway, I wouldn't be at all suprised if it is a sendmail problem, but
there's a chance your jumping to a conclusion.  Run fetchmail in the
foreground in verbose mode and tell us the error messages.  It's
impossible to tell the problem with the limited information you've
provided.

Regards,
--
Rex