Re: tlug: NFS question

Scott Stone <sstone@example.com> wrote:

> Linux does this, too, btw.  from /etc/nsswitch.conf:
>
> hosts:      files nisplus nis dns
>

> Solaris/X86 gives you the choice of 'NIS, NIS+, or Other' in the
> installation.  You have to manually hack /etc/nsswitch.conf to use DNS.

This is getting slightly away from Linux, but do you know which of the
three I would use with OCN Economy? I was unable to get Internet service
on Solaris using either NIS or NIS+, even though the installation
program made that part of the setup seem quite easy. I also tried
entering information manually in nsswitch.conf and other related files,
following instructions I got somewhere, but to no avail. What is the
specific information that goes into nsswitch.conf if you want to use
DNS?
--
John De Hoog, Tokyo
dehoog@example.com