Re: tlug: parallel-port IDE

(did the tlug list suddenly transform into sci.military.naval?)

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Scott Stone wrote:

> We lost almost all of our commissioned battleships at Pearl Harbor -
> the only ones that weren't there were either just being finished in
> the shipyard or, I believe, were on their way to pearl harbor anyway
> from a remote tour.

Small loss.  Battleships had been obsolete for years at that point.  The
introduction of the aircraft carrier changed the nature of surface
warfare.

Disagree?  Look at the Prince of Wales, the Repulse, the Japanese
battleships (_any_ of them), the Graf Spee ...

-- Chris