Re: tlug: Internet connections from Linux

> > However, I'm unable to configure Netscape to send mail, because when I
> > put "mail.iname.com" as my outgoing mail server and press OK, it
> > complains about the host not being found.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

I've never experienced this particular problem, but my guess is that
you're trying to do this while offline.  (A sensible thing to do.)
Probably, Netscape likes to check for you that it's real.

Another 'feature' of at least some versions of netscape that I
experienced is that it will  "check it's  network connection" by
trying to contact some netscape.com hosts.  Similar idea.  It doesn't
check if you use a proxy though.

I still like Karl-Max's suggestion of using a local mail
program like sendmail though, even if you want to use Netscape.  (Does
netscape even allow sending mail in an 'offline mode'?)

--
Howard