Re: tlug: Long lost Craig Oda

>     Jim> Hi all, On 13-Oct-98 Cliff Miller wrote:
>     >> Can anyone tell me how I get a hold of Craig?
>
>     Jim> last thing I can tell is he's in England:)
>
>     Jim> [jims@example.com jims]$ last -ad craigoda craigoda ttyp1 Fri Oct 9
>     Jim> 03:34 - 04:01 (00:26) jointcall-ltd.demon.co.uk
>
>     Jim> Anyone know what he's up to?
>
> As of the Rob Bickel Birthday Party in Craig's honor, he was heading
> out to the U.S. for a few days and then to Europe for an unspecified
> amount of time.
>
> I don't think _he_ knows what he's up to after that.  He mumbled
> something about "taking some time off but eventually have to find
> work, probably in the Silicon Valley area"....

Let's sum up:

Craig Oda cofounds TWICS at the beginning of the nineties.
He becomes President of TWICS.
He also becomes a legend in Japan7s Internet circles.
At the beginning of this year he leaves TWICS.
He goes to the US.
He comes back to Japan and returns to the US.
The above mumblings seem to indicate he's gonna leave Japan
forever.
He drops out of the scene and is last sighted in the UK.

Consequential question: What happened at TWICS ?
Did they chuck him out or what ??????
If so, it would be a most hoorid deed for sure.

"It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
  But they called it                 karlmax@example.com
    W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"