Re: tlug: The meeting...

> There's no such thing as too fast :-)

Unfortunately there is :-(. Actually, the timing needed for
DRAM's is somewhat complex and sometimes the setup times of old
machines are simply too long for modern RAM's. I know of quite a
few cases where old RAM worked in older system and new one
didn't - the new RAM was OK and ran just beautifully in newer
machines.

> Those beeps it's making do mean something, so if you have or can get
> documentation on the motherboard, that may help you with troubleshooting,

Look at the website of the BIOS maker. You can find that out
from the tag sticking on the BIOS memory ( hope it's no flash -
in that case it's a bit more complicated ).

"It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
  But they called it                 karlmax@example.com
    W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"