Re: tlug: Hot flash! Speaker fodder.

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> We're going to have the same problem with Eric Raymond in March, no?
> We're also getting far greater attendance than when the current
> meeting/nomikai split was set up.  So either higher frequency of
> meeting or inverting parity would seem to make sense.

Yes, we would have that problem.  I think having a meeting every much would
be too much wear and tear and some of the TLUG administrators, especially
Joe.  The easiest thing to do then might to to invert parity, as you
suggest.  We might need to either hold meetings back to back in December and
January, then have the nomikai in odd months thereafter, or perhaps have
small, speaker-only meetings on a Saturday in January and March.

> Or (paybacks are hell, aren't they) Manuel and I could host the
> meeting here in Tsukuba (saving wear and tear on the speakers) and you
> guys could make that nasty bus trip and have to leave before the
> ni-ji-kai like we always do.  ;-)

Umm, there *is* a train that goes up there, isn't there?

Jonathan