Re: tlug: beeps from motherboards again

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Marcus Metzler wrote:

>I found a web site where they explain the beep codes. If yours is
>really 1-3-3 there doesn`t seem to be much hope.
>On http://pcmech.pair.com/beeps.htm
>they say:
>1-3-3      Same as AMI BIOS 2 beeps. Replace the motherboard.

I don't buy this at all.  It isn't consistent with the explanation of the
Phoenix 1-3-3 error code that my error code table shows, and which clearly
indicates a memory problem.  I wouldn't assume a motherboard problem unless
putting in memory that you knew to be the correct type resulted in the same
1-3-3 beep code.  And even then, don't worry, be happy.  Motherboards are
cheap :-)

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>