Re: tlug: Kinput2 and Wnn6

    Frank> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> writes:
    Frank> ... But why would Emacs and Kinput2 behave differently (in
    Frank> both instances Emacs and Applixware respectively were
    Frank> running solo, by themselves)?
    >> The interfaces are different, so they'll behave differently.

    Frank> Sorry, I should have stated the point more explicitly: why
    Frank> should the _server_ behave differently when it is accessed
    Frank> via different

Because the client/server interfaces are different, is what I meant.
The way that kinput2 interacts with Wnn is different from the way that
Emacs does.  They use the same API, but their usages differ.

Another possibility is that the database is poorly implemented and (a)
the running process's data doesn't get informed about updates from
another process running concurrently or (b - hard to believe it would
be this bad) locking is badly implemented so that one process's
updates get wiped out by the other's update.

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091