Re: tlug: parallel-port IDE

> However, the points made about computer-savvy people in Japan is correct -
> just looking at tech support issues, Japanese customers seem to need a bit
> more 'hand holding' than the Americans I was dealing with back in Utah.

Sounds reasonable to me, because virtually all computer technology
derives from English-speaking communities. User interfaces can be
localized, but besides that there's always something that's fundamentally
different from the way the Japanese think and work. The real language
barrier.

Someone working for a Tokyo-based software vendor used to say something
like this: customers here can be broken down into two distinct
groups--those who call tech support and those who don't.

--
Hiroshi Hasebe (just an end luser)