Re: tlug: Kinput2 and Wnn6

Hiroshi Hasebe <hhasebe@example.com> writes:

> >> Now I've noticed another blemish on Kinput2.  When conversion is
> >> done in Emacs, the conversion is recorded in the user dictionary,
> >> so that, say, I only have to tweak わが輩は猫である once to be 我
> >> 輩は猫である; on subsequent occasions the second reading will be
> >> presented as the first choice for the string わがはいはねこである.
>
> Probably the single-user version of Wnn6 is subject to such limitations?
> Wnn4 jserver, for example, appears to have no restriction on the number
> of simultaneous users (in terms of licensing, of course).

Hmm.  That's a thought.  But why would Emacs and Kinput2 behave
differently (in both instances Emacs and Applixware respectively
were running solo, by themselves)?

The server certainly _claims_ to be willing to speak with anyone,
without conditions:

  [root@example.com bennett]# /usr/local/sbin/wnnaccess
  Server access control disabled, any user on any hosts can connect.
  gulliver.nomolog.nagoya-u.ac.jp
  localhost

Is this due to some limitation in Kinput2 --- maybe the patch for
Wnn6 is missing something?

Cheers,
--
-x80