tlug: More on WYSIWYG html editors

The subject of WYSIWYG editors came up here as part of the Unix
"philosophy" discussion. Since then, I've done some more thinking, and
coding, and writing. The result is an article on my Web site (I won't
bore you folks further with this discussion here). In preparing the
article, I also redid my entire Web site, this time using Microsoft
FrontPage 98, so that I could compare the features of that program and
NetObjects Fusion.

In a section of the article that I added just moments ago, I also
discuss the advantages of tools like these, even for people who prefer
to roll their own html. The relevance to Linux is that no one, to the
best of my knowledge, has ported a program like this to the Linux
platform. Having tools like these available would make the platform more
attractive to many people who do Web authoring either as a hobby or as a
profession. (Whether that's a Good or Bad Thang I leave to the reader to
decide.) Here's the location, for those interested.

http://www.washi.nu/html/htmleditors.html
--
John De Hoog, Tokyo
dehoog@example.com