tlug: enscription thru loop device.

Hi,
I would like to enscript cd-recordable image thru loop device.
It seems loop device can't increase file size following the sequence
below:

$ touch cdr.img
$ losetup -e des /dev/loop0 cdr.img
$ mkisofs -afvr -o /dev/loop0 <directory>

mkisofs fails. Is it usual?

So far I haven't committed a medium yet. have anyone done already?
Or is there any better way?

Regards,
Kei.