Re: tlug: Japanese name brands - why not?

From: Michael Chiu <mchiu@example.com>

>Yes... on the English page, only two cards are listed... the rest are
>listed on the Japanese page... but in any case, I tried a cheap NE2000
>compatible we had lying around here, but to no avail... :(  guess my
>plans to install TL on to this note will just have to wait a little
>longer... :(

Hi,

It may be neccecary to edit the /etc/pcmcia/pcmcia.conf file to get your
NE2000 card working correctly, since the default file has a fairly
limited selection of cards available.

For example I had to add the following to get my NE2000 compatible card
to work.

card "My NE2000 Compatible card"
  version "PCMCIA", "LNT-10TN", "1.0"
  bind "pcnet_cs"