Re: tlug: IMAP

Totoro <riley@example.com> writes:

> If your users are running Windoze, just show them Outlook Express
> and head home early. It runs on Mac, too, now that I think of it.

Good to know.

> Eudora Pro 4 does IMAP, btw. I can't vouch for how WELL it works,
> as I don't use it. YMMV.

Good to know.

> Not much to do, really. ...
[snip]
> WRT security, there do seem to be some outstanding concerns about
> the safety of IMAP. I don't know if all of those have been
> cleared up or not.

Ah.  My explanation was incomplete, sorry.  I've seen the two
CERT Advisories about IMAP 4.1, and I'll have to follow those up
before getting real about this.

But the implementation I'm looking at is the Cyrus Mailer IMAP,
which has some nice features that I'd like to offer here as well.
It handles mail separately from user accounts, and so can't just
be kicked up to manage an existing set of user mail spools.
Because it uses a separate hierarchy, I'm not sure how we'll feed
existing mail into the new system.

Cheers,
--
-x80