Re: tlug: Transitioning to Linux (was: Many Faces on Linux)

Okay, with this discussion I am getting interested.  Please, tell me what
I can read to get started.  I have looked at the LaTeX .dvi files.  Are
there on-line (ie. texinfo) pages which I can read.

Currently, I use wordprocessing for correspondence college papers.  I
would have to dump those to plain text, and then reformat them in LaTeX,
right?  Too bad there isn't an Applix to LaTeX conversion program...

Printing from LaTex means Post Script?  Does that require a special
printer?

TIA,

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan