Re: tlug: Running X with Riva128

Austin Kurahone wrote:

(snip)

> >> Odd...
> >> Besides above configuration, I have installed Initio(aka Abaptek)
> 9200UW
> >> dual Ultra Wide SCSI card and Ensoniq Audio PCI sound card.
> >> So PnP configuration on BIOS might be something bad. I think it is
> worth
> >> removing these cards. I'll have a go.
> >>

> >Try it.  The Riva128 *must* have an IRQ assigned to it in order to work
> >with Linux, BTW.  Make sure that your CMOS is assigning it one, and
> that
> >it's not conflicting with your fancy-pants SCSI and sound cards :)
>
> Hi,
>
> If I recall correctly, the BIOS should automaticaly set up the IRQ's
> durring boot.  I use a configuration that's mostly the same, except I'm
> using the Diamond V330AGP card which is based on the same chipset.  I
> think that my card uses the default IRQ of 11.  And this setup works
> fine with RedHat 5.1 with kernel 2.0.35, so I suspect that it is a IRQ
> conflict.
>
> Also on a similar note, do AudioPCI based soundcards work with Linux,
> becuase I am looking into obtaining one to replace by antiquated SB16
> PnP.
>
> Austin Kurahone

Hi,

As I replied previous mail, I successfully run X server.
Thanks for your advice.

BTW, AudioPCI based sound cards are supported. But they are alpha
version, so they are not included in kernel source tree yet.
I have not tried to use them, I can tell you web site.
http://www.ife.ee.ethz.ch/~sailer/linux/pciaudio.html

I'll also try it.

Takeshi.