tlug: TurboLinux 2.0J and kernel-2.1?

Hi,

I installed TurboLinux to my Chandra (Hitachi Prius
210T13E - Pentium MMX133, 40MB RAM, 1GB HDD - 550 for Linux)
four times today.

Right after the installation is complete, I tried to change
the kernel to 2.1.105 and/or 2.1.117 - everytime the kernel
compile went ok, (b)zImage copied to /boot/vmlinuz-whatever,
lilo.conf changed, lilo executed ok.

Now, when I reboot with the new kernel, I cannot login!
I cannot shutdown by CTRL-ALT-DEL either - system says
"cannot execute binary".  I switched off and on, and
tried to reboot with the original 2.0.33 kernel - now,
"kernel panic - cannot mount /dev/hda6".

Is the TLJ kernel a special one which I cannot make from the
kernel source obtained from ftp.kernel.org?

Regards,
Ken
Ken Harada = 原田 健	Hayama, Japan (=葉山町)
Member of: Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama (IMASY)
	   Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)
           Internet Wave Yokohama Radio Club (仮称)