Re: tlug: About Oracle on Linux

Hi

> Koji Ashida wrote:
>
>    hi,
>
>    i got it working on turbolinux, which i don't think is that different
>    from slackware as far as oracle is concerned.  did you run 'dbstart'?
>    and what did it say?

I finished the install.  Made sure all my environment variables
are set.  Did the full install with no errors.  Now when
I try to go into $ORACLE_HOME/bin and run svrmgrl, it says the
following:

bash:/home/oracle/bin/svrmgrl: No such file or directory

dstart and dbshut shell scripts were looking for oratab
in the wrong place.  I edited them and change
the file path to the correct one '/etc/oratab'.
And dbstart worked but

Still can't do anything because whenever it tries to run the
svrmgrl file it gives the following:

sh: /home/oracle/bin/svrmgrl: No such file or directory

This happens with most files (e.g. sqlplus) in the bin directory.

Was there any problem in Turbolinux before you could get it running?

Venkatesh Raghavan
Osaka City University