tlug: Interesting statistic

This statistic caught my eye today.

"We [=Web Site Journal] took more than 2,000,000 Web pageviews
>from approximately 5,000 Web sites using Web Site Garage's
Hitometer and found the following statistics:

Windows 95              63.2%
Windows 98              16.3%
Windows NT              8.7%
Macintosh                 4.6%
Other                        3.2%
Other Windows          2.6%
Solaris/SunOS           0.8%
Linux                        0.6%

[end quote]

(Assuming the results are meaningful, I wonder if this means Linux users
are really that small a proportion of the online community, or whether
they are hiding their Linux identities, or whether they just don't Web
browse very much. I also expected Mac users to be more plentiful, and am
surprised by the relatively high Win98 figure.)
--
John De Hoog, Tokyo
dehoog@example.com