Re:Is MS Maturing? (was tlug: Hustling NT 5 out the door)

> ...hmmm....     ...there's big bucks in the support industry nowadays...

Not to quote myself, but... mark my words!  Check out this Forbes article;

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/98/1012/6208039a.htm

Bill Gates is commenting on how a sure sign of a company maturing is when support
revenues surpass product revenues.

*How to compete with linux??*  Give away a pared-down Windows, then charge for support
and applications.

Sean.

Sean Bennett wrote:

> Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:
>
> > MS has got to be feeling pressured ...by the free UNIX flavors ...by Sun's
> > continued efforts ... Intel's call for standardization of UNIX...
>
> > ....They are going to want to try and close the window of opportunity for UNIX
> > to fight back as hard and as quickly as they can
>
> ....remember when MS realized they made a mis-step by not getting on the internet
> bandwagon early enough, and countered by *offering their browser for free in order
> to compete* with Netscape...
>
> ...hmmm....     ...there's big bucks in the support industry nowadays...
>
> Sean
> sean@example.com

Sean Bennett      < sean@example.com >
Nnet/Nakamura Shoji Co. Ltd.