Re: tlug: Linux for the masses: a civil reply, I hope.

Right on, TJ. Not as lucid as usual, perhaps, but pretty much on the

As a person who regards computers as mere tools, not a way of life, I've
personally decided to ignore the Turnbulls of the Linux community,
taking comfort in something that none other than Linus Torvalds said
recently:

"We'll get all the applications we'll need," he said. "It will take time
but in three to five years, we will have all the office suites, games
and databases."

I'll gladly count myself in the "we," and hope he means WYSIWYG html
editors with site management features as well. Gotta have those, too, we
New Linux users moving in from the plush halls of Windows NT.

--
John De Hoog, Tokyo
dehoog@example.com