Re: tlug: Intel, Netscape Investing in RedHat

>>In article <360C7384.832324E2@example.com>, Sean Bennett <sean@example.com> writes:

> I found this after my last post re: linux/windows;
> Intel, Netscape Buying Into RedHat
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/199840.asp

> Intel and Netscape are taking minority stakes in RedHat
> software, which will surely...

My pet theory is that (1) Intel makes money off the high end chips,
not the low end gutter priced Celeron, (2) everyone knows how
miserable NT is as a real server, (3) NT 5.0 is delayed again and
again because (4) the project has grown out of control (in the
manufacturing process control sense) and (5) M$ has enough problems
managing it as it stands, without (6) also porting it to Merced, so
(7) Intel has gone where the future lies.

As much as I think there *might* be some truth to this, I do believe
the investment is Billy G's worst nightmare.  I bet he's foaming at
the mouth, screaming like a madman, and his reaction over the next few
weeks will be very interesting.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@example.com
  PGP = 91 B3 94 7C E9 E8 76 2D   E1 63 51 AA A0 48 89 2F  ITAR license #4933