RE: FAQ Wizard and TLUG web site [was Re: tlug: NetWinder ?]

    Jim> Hi all, On 25-Sep-98 craigoda@example.com wrote:
    >> On another note, I was wondering if it was advisable to try to
    >> put the entire TLUG site into a CVS repository and then
    >> distributing the responsibility of keeping documents up to
    >> date.

    Jim> If there are pages where two or more people are updating, RCS
    Jim> is probably enough. To put the entire site under CVS is going
    Jim> to be a pain (for me.)

Jim,

	If you're an emacs fan, you might find that it is even easier
to deal with the files under CVS. CVS can be setup to work in a
client/server mode. From within emacs, you can checkout the files, edit
them, and then commit you changes, all without having to login to the
CVS server. We use it here a fair bit. When I'm going to be working at
home, I just commit all my changes at work, and then do a "cvs update"
at home, at which point the files are in sync.

You could to the same thing with rdist or rsync, as far a keeping
things in sync, but then of course you don't have the change control.

Just a thought,

	Andy