Re: tlug: Transitioning to Linux (was: Many Faces on Linux)

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Darren Cook wrote:

> > > These are a few of the realities I'm faced with in making any transition
> > > to Linux. I'll wager there's no easy solution at this point in time. Am
> > > I right?
> >Seems like the problem is with the customers who want Word files. If
> >they would shift to Linux ...
>
> Maybe we could just shoot them all? That's what we did with the Cobol
> programmers after all.
>
> Darren

Well, the rule in my house is, you have to use Linux unless there's no
possible way to do what you need to do with Linux.  ie, playing Total
Annihilation, Final Fantasy 7, or Flight Simulator all require Windows,
and are the sole reason for the continued existence of Win95 on my home
machine.  I've even gone so far as to put a LILO password on the
dos/windows boot image so that my wife MUST use Linux to surf the web.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)