Re: tlug: e-Mailers [was:Mew on (X)Emacs the way to go?

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Rex Walters wrote:

> The mutt folks used to be pretty adamant about not including IMAP
> support.  It's a wonder there is even any POP support.  The prevailing
> opinion seemed to be "POP/IMAP/Whatever can be handled via an external
> program (notably fetchmail)".

*laugh* The support is there now, it appears.  The IMAP stuff is in
libmutt.a, at any rate.

> How is balsa handling IMAP?

Not too well.  The config parser for IMAP is horribly broken (i.e., will
SIGSEGV if things aren't exactly right -- why the HELL would one HAVE to
specify the username?  What is wrong with getpwuid(getuid())?).  The mutt
backend doesn't like my imap4 server ... it'll log in (according to the
server log), but it thinks that something went wrong and complains about a
bad password.

Anyway.  Balsa is my new project, I think.

-- Chris