Re: tlug: Web browsing from a batch file?

On Sep 22,  2:32pm, Darren Cook wrote:
} Subject: tlug: Web browsing from a batch file?

>> Is it possible to have a batch file (started by cron each night) access a
>> web server and then email the resulting HTML page? Is this something best
>> done in perl? Can it be done with perl -e do you think?

Two things come to mind:

 - "wget", which is a program/routine for eaching out & grabbing WW pages.
Pretty high-powered. In C I think.

 - webget. Jeffrey Friedl's perl program to do much the same thing. You
can get it from his WWW page (http://enterprise.ic.gc.ca/~jfriedl/) or I
can email it to you. I use this in the URL-gloss function in WWWJIC.

Jim

--
Jim Breen        School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Email: j.breen@example.com                Monash University