Re: tlug: e-Mailers [was:Mew on (X)Emacs the way to go?

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> wrote:

>     Howard> Modularity rules,
>
> Amen, I say, amen! Brother Howard.
>
> In other words, it's a different world over here ;-)

And your job is to keep your world as small as possible? <joke>

As I noted in a private message to you earlier, being on different
wavelengths is not necessarily an exclusive situation. I just noticed
the existence, for example, of XCmail, which is one of those new upstart
mail clients that actually handles the POP stuff for you, without
requiring you to dig under the hood and get grease on your fingers.

In any case, one of the selling points of Netscape's In-box Direct
service is that you can view html right in your email preview window.

Not that I'm against modularity, of course; but some of the loops I've
been told to go through just to get basic mail functionality are too
much for many of the people to whom Linux is now being sold as a Windows
alternative, in the "battle for the desktop."
--
John De Hoog, Tokyo
dehoog@example.com