Re: tlug: Mew on (X)Emacs the way to go?

Michael Casinghino <michael@example.com> wrote,

> Why should I switch from GNU Emacs to XEmacs?
> RFC - This is from the XEmacs FAQ:
> What is the status of Asian-language support, aka MULE?
>
> The MULE support works OK but still needs a fair amount of work before
> it's really solid. We could definitely use some help here, esp. people
> who speak Japanese and will use XEmacs/MULE to work with Japanese and
> have some experience with E-Lisp.
>
> As the fundings on Mule have stopped, Mule part of XEmacs is currently
> looking for a full-time maintainer. If you can provide help here, or
> are willing to fund the work, please mail to <xemacs-beta@example.com>.

I am using XEmacs with Canna for Japanese -- in particular,
I am doing my Japanese e-mail with it.  It works fine for
me.

The problem with Mule-support in GNU Emacs is the lack of
input methods.  And the problem with Mule itself is that it
is always outdated.

Manuel