Re: tlug: Mew on (X)Emacs the way to go?

Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>
> > AFAIK the usual recommended solution to html emails in emacs is to put
> > the sender in your spam filter.  Unfortunately....
>
> Yeah.  I've never put anybody in my spam filter over it, but I have asked
> people to send in plain text.  HTML email is evil and should be
> exterminated.

Counter-opinion: HTML is bad in mailing lists, etc., but adds an
arguably useful dimension to email updates from Internet magazines and
newspapers, etc., such as those promoted by Linux-friendly Netscape in
their In-box service. An increasing number of email clients in the
non-Unix part of the world support viewing of such html mail right in
the normal message viewer window, which means it's one more thing people
drifting over from that part of the world expect to duplicate in Unix.

--
John De Hoog, Tokyo     <dehoog@example.com>

washi@example.com

Visit Washi's Scrapbook: http://washi.nu for truth and beauty