Re: tlug: US student moving to Tokyo

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Rob Bickel wrote:

> Do you plan to use Japanese on it?  If so, I recommend buying here to get
> the Japanese keyboard in it.  It may not mean much to you now, but if you
> plan to use a Japanese OS or Japanese in linux, it is much better to have
> a Japanese keyboard.

A strong second on this.  In fact, I have come to prefer the Japanese
keyboard to such an extent that if I were to leave Japan for an extended
period, , I would take several spare Japanese keyboards with me in case I
spilled coffee in a keyboard or built a new machine or anything.   Of
course, I would also be running either a Japanese-capable or
Japanese-localized OS on any machine I had, too.

Cheers,

Jonathan