RE: tlug: Building a Linux box...

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, J. Sean Bennett wrote:

> did make it to Plathome - picked up RH5.1). I got the beginnings of a linux
> box - a 486 100mhz; though only 8 meg of ram - it takes 30 pin modules -
> does anyone know about/where I can get simm stackers or adapters??

CompuAce, one of the junk shops I listed, had some one time when I was in
there.  They also often have 30-pin non-parity memory, and sometimes
parity stuff.  Does your 486 need parity or non-parity?  DOS/V Paradise,
another of the ones I listed, had a pretty regular supply of 4 meg 30-pin
non-parity SIMMs the last couple of times I was there.  K Tech, a place
that sells quite a few old SPARCstations, in addition to PCs, Macs, and
electronic test gear, may be a source for 30-pin SIMMs also, since they
tend to sell machines that used them.

Cheers,

Jonathan