Re: tlug: Using Vi with Boot Floppy

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Chris Sekiya wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Rob Bickel wrote:
>
> > But I get
> >
> > /mnt/usr/bin/vi: not found
>
> Slackware rescue disk?  It doesn't come with the glibc dynamic loader or
> libc.so.6.

sounds more like one of mine, actually (see below)

> Easiest way to fix this is to do the following:
>
> cd /lib
> ln -s /mnt/lib/* .
>
> ... and then run vi.

A TL 2.0 boot/rescue disk will do the same thing, unfortunately, since the
boot disk .. well, actually the boot disk for TL has no shlibs on it at
all.  In rescue mode, it has libc5 libs, which is just as bad.  BUT, it
has a working chroot, so you just:

chroot /mnt /usr/bin/vi

TL 2.1.x beta and TL 3.0 have glibc libs on the disks, so you won't need
to chroot.  Admittedly, this should have been done for 2.0, I apologize.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)