tlug: Sony Vaio

I am thinking of getting a Sony Vaio 505.  I have one concern.  I
had known that Craig bought one and asked him about installing Linux
on it and he said everything was pretty much fine except he couldn't
use the internal modem.  Has any one installed Linux on one of these
and got the modem to work.  This is a big thing since the Vaio 505
has only one PC Card slot and I don't want to have to buy a compatability
modem card and have it use my own available PC card slot.

Rob