tlug: SSL for Apache web server

Hi,

My company has a plan to setup selling books and music CDs web site And
I have to setup secure web server, that handles credit card information.
I'd like to use Linux and Apache combination for this service, not the
NT.
It's a kind of experimental service. So we just handle 30 to 50 items.

I checked 'Verisgin' Japanese office site. It's costs 85000 yen for 12
months. I don't think it expensive for business use. However I do want
to know other way to 'get secure server'.

Is 'Verisgin' is the only way to get SSL code? If we decide that we
don't need 128 encryption, 64 encryption is enough. Are there other
company sells SSL code?

I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

-- Shigeo Honda